The castle was remodeled many times, including in the neo-Renaissance style by Count Adolf von Armin between 1881-84 with architect Carl Doflein.
After Doflein's renovations
The von Armin family burial vaults
The interior of the vault is extremely deteriorated.
The Waldkapelle Mellenau (Mellenau Forest Chapel) was built in 1906 by Anna von Armin Mellenau not far from the castle. It was extensively renovated in the 1990s and there are no signs of any mosaics.
Barr, Sheldon. Venetian Glass Mosaics: 1860-1917. London: Antique Collectors' Club, 2008. 127.
Gasthof zum Grunen Baum
fzurell's flickr Photostream
Steffi Rose Fotografie