The history of this church goes back as far as the Saxon period in the 11th century, but it was remodeled since then including by David Brandon in 1876-78.
It was most likely during Brandon's alterations that the mosaic angels by Salviati, which frame the central stained glass window, were added to the east chancel wall.
British Listed Buildings
Dorset Historic Churches Trust
Canford Magna Parish Church