The east-facing facade contains Salviati mosaics including one showing local bishop Laurence Gillooly (holding a map) on the tympanum above the main door. The others depict the Martyrdom of St. Laurence, St. Vincent de Paul and the Sacred Heart.
The sanctuary walls are covered by mosaic angels and the Evangelists. Between the windows, figures of the founding fathers of most of the major European religious orders can be seen.
The floor of the church is also paved in mosaics.
Barr, Sheldon. Venetian Glass Mosaics: 1860-1917. London: Antique Collectors' Club, 2008. 138.
The Ecclesiastical Heritage of Galway, Mayo and Roscommon, 32-33.
joekennedy52's flickr Photostream
VMontalbano's flickr Photostream
kterkan's flickr Photostream