Also known as the Cathedral of St. Andrew, parts of this structure date to the 12th century.
The mosaic tympanum on the exterior facade is by Salviati from 1891, after Domenico Morelli's painting "The triumph of Christ".
Figures of the twelve Apostles on a gold background by Salviati can also be seen underneath. By 1889, several of these mosaics were already completed but not yet installed.
Telford, John and Benjamin Aquila Barber. "The London Quarterly Review," 1907, 5:107. 80.
Metcalfe, William Musham and Ruaraidh Erskine. "The Scottish Review." London: Alex Gardner. Vol XIII, January and April 1889. 134.
Mitch Ridder's flickr Photostream