Administered by the Russian Orthodox Church in Jerusalem, this church was designed by David Grimm and built in 1886-88 by Czar Alexander III in memory of his mother, Empress Maria Alexandrovna.
Salviati made the medallion of St. Mary Magdalene that is located above the entrance.
See the Holy Land
Barr, Sheldon. Venetian Glass Mosaics: 1860-1917. London: Antique Collectors' Club, 2008. 132.