The original church was built in 1884, the same year that Queen Victoria's son Prince Leopold died in Cannes. The original church stood until 1970, when it had become too deteriorated and the large piece of land on which it stood became too valuable. That year, it was pulled down and rebuilt on the original corner of the lot, with the unconsecrated land used for new apartment buildings.
The Salviati mosaic reredos of The Last Supper can be found in the new church displayed on a side wall.
Barr, Sheldon. Venetian Glass Mosaics: 1860-1917. London: Antique Collectors' Club, 2008. 127.
Holy Trinity Cannes