This 1831 church was extended by Arthur W. Blomfield in 1882.
The central panel of the triparte reredos depicts Christ in Majesty in mosaic by Salviati from 1894.
The opus sectile mosaics on either side featuring groups of angels were made by the mosaic company of James Powell and Sons between 1910 and 1914. The sketches were made by Coakes and the cartoons by Hardgrave.
Roughwood British Churches
Newman, John. West Kent and the Weald. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1980. 469.
The Voice of Hassocks on Wikimedia Commons
John Vigar on Kent Churches
Hadley, Dennis. Powell's Opus Sectile Locations. 28.