Wedged between terraces of large, white Victorian townhouses on Kensington Park Road, this classical style church designed by architect Thomas Allom was built 1855-57.
The apsidal chancel was added in 1879 by James Edmeston and his son James Stanning Edmeston. James Edmeston's father (also James) was also an architect and taught G.G. Scott as an apprentice between 1826-31.
The apse contains a mosaic from 1880 by Salviati and Burke of Da Vinci's Last Supper with a modification to the background by Charles Barry, Jr.
bricoleurbanism's flickr Photostream
L.J. Du Kane Skolia Concert Venues
Findo's flickr Photostream
John Salmon on Geograph
Dictionary of Scottish Architects