The interior barely seats 100 people, but the decorations above the altar - including the triple-arcaded Salviati mosaics - may be the most elaborate in all of Suffolk. The chancel on the east end contains a marble reredos, above which are the mosaics that represent the "Angelic Order" and "Heavenly Jerusalem", which were designed by John R. Clayton.
St. Mary's and St. Agnes' Church
James Yardley Geograph pictures
Newmarket's Personalities from the Past - VI
Pearson, Lynn. "Suffolk" in PDF format.
Barker, H.R. West Suffolk. Bury St. Edmund's: F.G. Pawsey and Co. Ltd., 1907. 278.
American Institute of Architects. Architectural Record. Vol 2. New York: The Record and Guide, 1893. 81.