Because construction took over fifty years (between 1851 and 1905), the initial designs for this church were started by Miklos Ybl, but were ultimately completed by Jozsef Hild and Jozsef Kauser.
The mosaic tympanum of 1893 located over the main entrance door is Our Lord on the Throne with Angels. It was designed by Mor Than. It is currently covered by a wire mesh to keeps birds away.
The mosaics in the half dome of the apse featuring angels celebrating five steps in Holy Mass were designed by Karoly Lotz and Gyula Benczur and installed in 1900.
Earth in Pictures
Alma Kaufmann's flickr Photostream
Barr, Sheldon. Venetian Glass Mosaics: 1860-1917. New York: Antique Collectors’ Club Ltd., 2008. 76-79.
Vasarnapi Ujsag. Vol 47, No 46. 1900.