A reredos from around 1860 of The Last Supper decorates the central panel of the sanctuary on the east wall. It was paid for by the vicar's wife, Louisa Parsons.
Detail of the multi-colored tesserae.
A mosaic frieze of angels also lines the walls of the same area.
The mosaics were restored in 2011 and the work won the 2012 Oxford Preservation Trust award.
British Listed Buildings
The Salviati Mosaics in Elsfield Church
Elsfield Village - The Parsons Years
Oxfordshire Church's flickr Photostream
Norfolk12's Image Gallery at Waymarking
Elsfield Church Salviati Mosaics