Alternately referred to as St. Anne's of Denton or Haughton, this church located outside of Manchester was built in the Gothic Revival style by architect brothers James Medland (J.M. or J. Medland) and Henry Medland Taylor in 1880-82.
Salviati and Co. of Venice manufactured the mosaics that feature Abel's sacrifice, Noah's sacrifice, Abraham and Isaac, as well as the Scapegoat, Aaron the high priest and Solomon's sacrifice on individual panels surrounding the central triparte reredos.
The sanctuary floor is also exquisitely decorated with a mosaic frieze.
British Listed Buildings
The National Archives
St. Anne's Denton
The Industrial Heritage of Britain
Chris. W's flickr Photostream
The detailed pictures were kindly provided by Brenda Moxon, Church Warden