The grand Darbar Hall (measuring 92 feet long by 54 feet wide by 48 feet high, on the left of the above picture) - used for concerts or other cultural events - contains a total of 8,000 square feet of Salviati mosaics on wall decorations, as well as the marble flooring, which took twelve men eighteen months to set.
The window arches are decorated with golden floral motifs. A local Indian draftsman named Mr. Hasjee may have been responsible for the designs, which were interpreted by the Venetian mosaicists.
Several life-sized, mosaic figures of women adorn the palace's entrance on the exterior of Darbar Hall.
An outdoor mosaic (approximately 15 feet high and 12 feet wide) features a bridal scene with Christian overtones, including an angel.
Barr, Sheldon. Venetian Glass Mosaics: 1860-1917. London: Antique Collectors' Guide, 2008. 126.
Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Journal, Vol. 3, 1896. 426.
Special thanks to Richard Davis for his pictures, as well as first-hand information regarding these lovely mosaics.