The church was built in the 18th century by Stephen Wright, but it was substantially altered by S.S. Teulon in 1856. It underwent further enrichment in the 1890s under George Heywood Sumner.
Salviati's enamel mosaics inlaid between the stone and marble decorate the arcades, screens and reredos.
St Mary's Church, Sunbury-on-Thames
George P. Landlow on Victorian Web
Maxwell Hamilton on Panoramio