This church is originally from the 13th century.
G.G. Scott renovated it twice, first in 1859-60 and then in 1870-74.
The reredos was designed by R.J. Withers. It contains mosaics of angels, as well as the Evangelists made by Salviati in 1867.
Barr, Sheldon. Venetian Glass Mosaics: 1860-1917. London: Antique Collectors' Club, 2008. 121.
J. Hannan-Briggs on Geograph
Richard Croft on Geograph