The carved marble reredos contains a central Venetian mosaic panel of the Savior's Ascension with Christ surrounded by his eight disciples, while two apostles in individual arcades flank either side.
Renwick also designed the reredos, which was carved by English sculptors Ellin and Kitson in 1878. Clayton and Bell, as well as Henry Holiday also made stained glass for the church.
The chancel floor is marble mosaic also by Salviati, Burke and Company showing three angels with emblems of the Crucifixion.
The Churchman. Vol. 40. Nov. 22, 1879. 580.
MuseumPlanet on Panoramio
Mattron's flickr Photostream