Architect J.P. Pritchett restored this 14th century church in 1870 by enlarging the chancel.
The newly installed reredos of Caen stone and Irish marble was embellished with Venetian mosaics by Salviati & Co. after designs by Pritchett. It consists of four large arcades containing two smaller ones each. The four central panels depict the Holy Trinity, Lamb of God, Pelican in her Piety, and Dove of Peace. The mosaics on either side show the usual symbols for the four Evangelists.
"New Buildings and Restorations." The Architect. Vol 4. London: Dec. 3, 1870. 324.
jmc4 - ChurchExplorer's flickr Photostream
Family Search - Hurworth