This church was built as a direct result of the Oxford Movement in 1856-57 by architect J.B. Clacy, replacing the original church from the 1830s. It was soon extended in 1868.
The Salviati mosaics in the Sanctuary were a gift of Miss Tipping and were installed around 1875.
The reredos behind the altar depicts the symbols for alpha and omega, with a central, carved stone cross made from English alabaster. The Pelican and the Lamb of God can also be found in the side panels. All of them are on Salviati's traditional gold background.
Mosaic panels set within trefoil arcades on either side of the High Altar depict, on the left, the Old Testament
prophets Melchisedek, Moses and David; on the right, the Apostles St John, St Paul
and St Peter.
Holy Trinity History
British Listed Buildings
Del Barfoot's flickr Photostream
Camberley Decorative & Fine Arts Society
Ashley Buttle's flickr Photostream