The east window of the Norman (or apsidal) Chapel in the south transept was walled up in 1887 and now contains a Salviati mosaic of Christ enthroned, holding a book in one hand and giving a blessing with the other.
The Norman Chapel circa 1900.
An anonymous donor funded the mosaic, which was installed in either 1893 or 1897.
The Project Gutenberg EBook of Bell's Cathedrals: The Abbey Church of Tewkesbury, by H. J. L. J. Massé, 1906. 69.
Tailer Family's flickr Photostream
Wendy Redrobin's flickr Photostream
St. Mary the Virgin