Architect Joseph John Scoles designed this Roman Catholic Church that was built 1844-49 and which is run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits).
Henry Clutton designed the church's outer aisles and several chapels including the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament (also called the Sacred Heart Chapel) in 1860, which may be why his name is associated with Salviati's Venetian mosaics from around the same time that are located above A.W.N. Pugin's high altar.
Presented in 1875, the two mosaic panels depict the Annunciation and the Coronation of the Virgin, respectively.
Barr, Sheldon. Venetian Glass Mosaics: 1860-1917. London: Antique Collectors' Club, 2008. 125.
Wheatley, Henry Benjamin and Peter Cunningham. London: Past and Present. Vol II. London: John Murray, 1891. 31.
Fr. Lawrence Lew, OP's flirck Photostream
Evinson, Denis. Catholic Churches in London. Wiltshire: The Cromwell Press, 1998. 44.
Hibbert, Christopher, et. al. The London Encyclopaedia. 3rd ed. London: Macmillan, 2008. 170.
Brian Harrington Spier's flickr Photostream
Rex Harris' flickr Photostream