Erected in 1880 when the city was called Thorn and was part of Prussia, the Pomnik Poleglych Toruniu was built to commemorate the dead from the wars of years 1860, 1866, 1870 and 1871. It was designed by German architect Johannes Otzen.
Salviati embellished the monument with two pictures of two figures each, six pictures of busts of soldiers, and three inscriptions with a cross and crown.
The memorial was located in what is now Torun's Theater Square, but unfortunately it was demolished in 1920 when the city was liberated from the Prussians and was returned to Polish control.
The structure shares a lot of stylistic elements that are similar to the Chamberlain Memorial of Birmingham from the same year.
Barr, Sheldon. Venetian Glass Mosaics: 1860-1917. London: Antique Collectors' Club. 2008. 136.