Serving the Great Witley Parish and adjacent to Witley Court, this church was built in a simple, Georgian style in 1735 by architect James Gibbs.
starting in 1747 the church began to be embellished with Baroque
decorations on the direction of Thomas, the 2nd Baron Foley.
The reredos were a gift to the church from Rachel, Countess of Dudley in 1913 and were manufactured by Salviati.
The floral motif is reminiscent of the design used on the Funerary Monument of Giulio Salviati.
Great Witley Church
Philip Lench's flickr Photostream
Jenny Thorpe's flickr Photostream