Founded in the 5th century, the church has been rebuilt many times since then, including in 1870 by Enrico Terzaghi. Although the exterior is neo-Romanesque, the interior style is more neo-Gothic.
Salviati mosaics decorate the ceiling and the Grand Portal.
Barr, Sheldon. Venetian Glass Mosaics: 1860-1917. London: Antique Collectors' Club, 2008. 134.
Patrizia Rossito on Panoramio
Enrico Sammartini's flickr Photostream