Built in 1891 by architects Ferdinand Fellner and Hermann Helmer, this was the residence of Karl Ritter von Wessely. Wessely later became the Commander of the Imperial Military Academy of Austria from 1914 to 1915.
A decorative mosaic frieze by Salviati featuring angels and scrolls of vegetation runs under the roofline.
Barr, Sheldon. Venetian Glass Mosaics: 1860-1917. London: Antique Collectors' Club, 2008. 135.
Erich Schmid on Wikimedia Commons