Designed by John Bownas Atkinson and William Atkinson of York, this church - known at the time as St. Paul's Church - was built 1857-58.
Salviati's Venice and Murano Glass and Mosaic Company located at 30 St. James Street in London made the enamel mosaic reredos. Consisting of nine panels in the east end of the church, they depict the four Evangelists, four floral motifs, as well as a Maltese cross in the center.
The original chancel of the Victorian church has now been converted into a side chapel.
The Builder. London: George Godwin. September 9, 1882. 355.
Tim Parkinson's flickr Photostream
Roger Walton's flickr Photostream