Originally a Saxon church, parts of the building date to the early 11th century. A major restoration was carried out in 1853-55.
The chancel was enriched during the forty-year tenure (1851-91) of the church's Rector Dean Argles with three stained glass windows, the decoration of the chancel roof, as well as the Venetian mosaic reredos.
The Salviati mosaics under the east window depict four angels on gold backgrounds after Fra Angelico.
The Journal of the British Archaeological Association. Volume 5, London: 1899. 21.Parish History: Marsham Argles
Corpus of Romanesque Sculpture in Britain and Ireland
Parish News Online
Mary Kirby's Flickr Photostream
John Salmon on Geograph
Rex Harris' Flickr Photostream