Otto Lessing designed cartoons of the (then) seven planets and the solar system, seasons, arts and industry, as well as phases of life which Salviati applied in mosaic to the ceiling of the circular entrance hall.
As with many of Berlin's buildings, this museum was also damaged in World War II. It served as the Museum of Pre- and Early History until 1961, when it was eventually razed.
The southeastern corner of Stresemann Strasse and Niederkirchner Strasse now contains a parking lot.
Barr, Sheldon. Venetian Glass Mosaics: 1860-1917. London: Antique Collectors' Club, 2008. 136.
Grieben-Verlag. Berlin, Potsdam und Umgebungen: Praktischer Wegweiser. 118.
Westermann, George et. al. Westermanns Monatschefte. 62. G. Westermann, 1887. 375.
Staadliche Museen zu Berlin
Architekten-Verein zu Berlin. Berlin und Seine Bauten: Der Hochbau. Berlin: W. Ernst, 1896. 228-229.