Located at Rauchstrasse 19, this was the residence of German architect Julius Hennicke. It was designed in 1874 by his firm Von der Hude and Hennicke, who also designed Berlin's Central Hotel.
The central window on the main facade was decorated by Salviati mosaics after designs on Raphael's loggia.
As with many other buildings in Berlin's Tiergarten area, this house was also destroyed during World War II. Today, an apartment complex built in the early 1980s sits on the spot.
Barr, Sheldon. Venetian Glass Mosaics: 1860-1917. London: Antique Collectors' Club, 2008. 130.
Architecture in Berlin